Curators: Marina Zvyagintseva(author of idea), Yuriy Samodurov(author of mythology)
Project coordinator: Evgeniya Melnichenko
- National Center for Contemporary Art
- Prefecture of Southwest Administrative district of Moscow
- Municipal government of South Butovo
- Artkuhnya (Katya Kandyba and Igor Demidenko)
- Maria and Natalia Arendt
- Olga Bozhko
- Annouchka Brochet
- Vita Buivid
- German Vinogradov
- Vasily Vlasov
- Leha Garikovich
- Group DDOK (Daria Dombrovskaya and Oleg Koshelets)
- Constantine Zvezdochetov
- Marina Zvyagintseva
- Mary Iv
- Igor Johanson
- Sergei Katran
- Sergei and Tatiana Kostrikovy
- Valery Korchagin
- Daria Krotova
- Gerasim Kuznetsov
- Alex Kuripko
- Viktor Lukin
- Natalia Mali
- Andrew Mitenev
- Margarita Novikova
- Alexander Pankin
- Olga Petrunenko
- Michael Pogarsky
- Vladimir Potapov
- Sergei Prokofiev
- Jeanne Fisher
- Alexander Savko
- The group Blue Noses (Vyacheslav Mizin and Aleksandr Shaburov)
- Vladimir Sitnikov
- Leonid Sohransky
- Vitas Stasiūnas
- Olga/Oleg Tatarintsev
- Viktor Umnov
- Art Group femiDa (Yulia Novikova, Svetlana Smirnova)
- Elena Khlapina
- Marina Chernikova
- Sergey Chernov
- Maria Chuikova
- Sergei Shutov
- Special project "IGRODOM"
Curators Evgeny Asse, Asse Kirill, Nikita Tokarev
The participants - students MARCHI: Eugene Bakeeva, Asya Weinberg, Elena Zhmurova, Elena Lisenkova, Valeria Samovich
- Special project "Reconstruction of the beautiful"
Curator Natalia Goncharova
Artists: Andrew Kuzkin, Alexander Petlura, Anna Orehova, Natalie Fomicheva, Alla Elesina, Cyril Who, Andrew Tseluyko, Igor P., Olga Cabina, Pavel 183, Strekachev Vladimir, Sergei Lakotko
The present project is a logical continuation of the Special Project “Dormitory District” at the 3d Moscow Biennale and dedicated to the 20th anniversary of South Butovo district. It develops a well-known tradition of European biennale and festivals – to transform city streets into art objects, modifying the city and involving its citizens into esthetics experience and extends borders of Moscow biennale, spreading its geography to Moscow suburbs.
Relating to the site the project carries educational function and oriented on promotion and introduction of contemporary art to the Muscovites.
The project is an interactive outdoor installation made of сarriages for builders, erected on the territory of “South Butovo” landscape park. Built in the city suburbs “House of Artists” sends us to the problem of demolition of Central House of Artists and to the absence of contemporary art galleries and museums outside the 3d ring.
Carriages for builders used as a sort of bricks to build up “House of Artists”, first of all, allow this object to become a natural part of conventional housing system of dormitory districts, where all-out building activity is going on. On the other side each carriage is a separate house and mini-exhibition where an artist can live and work. In the third place, construction of temporal “House of Artists” in South Butovo reflects endeavor and aim of the artists – to build their own art world on the untouched and free from modern art territory and to address their works directly to the people leaving in one of the most distant from central museums and galleries Moscow district. According to the mythology of project, all objects of exhibition are created by artists who appear as a sort of “GastARTbeiters” in collaboration with citizens and organizations of the district from available materials.
Under guidance of Evgeny Asse, Asse Kirill and Nikita Tokarev an architecture project “GameHouse” will be generated, where students of “ArchClass” Workshop of Moscow Architectural Institute will present projects of Art Center for South Butovo.
In the project of Natalia Goncharova “Reconstruction of the Beauty” citizens of South Butovo will become direct participants of art process. The project develops theme of art and society interaction and projects art practice aspects on social community. Social and child care institutions of South Butovo will participate in this project – Social Rehabilitation Center for disabled children “South Butovo”, Culture and Hobby Center and all interested citizens of the district.
Open-air project, besides key expositional “Houses of artists”, situated on the special podiums (architectural design by Elena Khlapina) will include variety of art objects and installations on the whole territory of South Butovo landscape park. Many of them will stay in the park after exhibition. This project accord to the main idea of Moscow Biennale “REWRITING WORLDS”. The project “House of artists” rewrite the history of South Butovo and all dormitory districts.
Organizers of the project
A, Б, В, Г – carriages with exhibition rooms on wooden platforms. In total 16 rooms/carriages, 4 carriages on platform. Concept: Marina Zvyagintseva, architect: Elena Khlapina, production, logistics, construction: administration of Municipal Union of South Butovo District and construction organizations of the district.
- 1. «Rocket. Expedition South Butovo – Mars – South Butovo», designer, artist - Sergei Shutov, engineer - Sergei Prokofiev, production and materials - the municipality, organizations and inhabitants of South Butovo district
- 2. «Chkalov», Alexey Kuripko and «Association of amateur pilots of South Butovo»
- 3. Fountain «Temple of water», Marina Zvyagintseva and sanitary technicians of «SU – 155»
- 4. «Archive of historical memory», Sergei Katran and «Society of archeologists, historians and regional specialists of South Butovo»
- 5. «Child’s Bell», Lekha Garikovich and «Society for protection of childhood of South Butovo»
- 6. «Wayout», Marina Zvyagintseva with support of «Philosophical Society of South Butovo»
- 7. «SSR», Marina Zvyagintseva and sanitary technicians of «SU-155»
- 8. Flower bed «Glory to work!» Victor Lukin and «Trade Union of landscape designers of South Butovo»
- 9. «The worker and the collective farmer», Sergei Chernov and «Trade Union of metal workers of South Butovo»
- 10. «Green square», Sergey and Tatyana Kostrikov and «Association of landscape designers of South Butovo»
- 11. «Point of cultural exchange», Group DDOK (Daria Dombrovskaya and Oleg Koshelets) and «Union of librarians of South Butovo»
- 12. «The communication line», Margarita Novikova, Maria and Natalia Arendt with support of «Post office of South Butovo» and inhabitants of the district.
- 13. «Reconstruction of Beauty», special project of community art, curator Natalia Goncharova, artists - Andrew Kuzkin, Alexander Petlura, Anna Orehova, Natalie Fomicheva, Alla Elesina, Cyril Who, Andrew Tseluyko, Igor P., Olga Cabina, Pavel 183, Strekachev Vladimir, Sergei Lakotko.
Radio broadcast partner